Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm back :)

Hi everybody,

Can't believe it's been six months since I put this blog on hiatus. Before I ramble further, I want to say "Thanks" to everybody who visited this blog, left comments, and still kept me in your feed-readers during that time.

These six months had been a productive time as far as reading is concerned. I read 69 books - a great achievement for me, that's for sure. I found some fantastic authors who've become auto-buys (Juliet Marillier, Jeaniene Frost) and developed a fondness for Young Adult fantasy (more about this in a later post).

I didn't manage to make much of a dent in the TBR pile because I was buying books almost as fast as I could read them! Six months ago, there were 140+ books in the TBR. Today, there are 127, which means I bought 56 books in that time (I'm just realizing this now)!!! And I was wondering where my money disappeared to.

Ok, let me show you some of those 56 books. I bought these at a recent book sale.

click on images to enlarge
There are 18 books in here. I love this bag. :)

My most-prized catch of this haul are the 2 Juliet Marilliers,
the 2 Chelsea Cains, the Victoria Holt
and that Carlos Ruiz Zafon. :)

I've already read 2 books from this pile. The rest should keep me quite happy into 2010.

12 comments:

Janicu said...

WHOOO HOOO. :) And dang, maybe I need to get on hiatus to get reading done! 69 books!

Christine said...

Yay!!! A book post! No pressure, though. I totally understand the need for a hiatus and all, but it's still nice to see you post here. =)

I HAVE GOT to read Juliet Marillier. So many of my trusted book blogging buddies speak so highly of her work. Definitely in 2010!

I'm so impressed that you read 69 books so far this year and still managed to do so much crafting! I read 75 books (so far) and I'm also pretty happy about that. I did join a 100+ Challenge for 2010, though. Oy! That's gonna be a stretch!

Nice book haul, by the way! Did you read Fallen yet? I've been curious about that one for a long time but never get around to buying it.

Happy reading, Jace! :)

Jace said...

Jan, a hiatus is great for getting a lot of reading done. :) There was a serious sense of liberation when I didn't have to think about blogging - I just kept reading whatever I wanted. I think I may go on a short hiatus again soon. :)

Jace said...

Hi Christine. :) Thanks very much for all your support.

Oh yes, I'd totally recommend Juliet Marillier. If you like YA fantasy, you could try Wildwood Dancing first. If you like something heavier and darker, try Daughter Of The Forest, Book 1 of The Sevenwaters series.

I've actually read 92 books so far - 69 during that 6-month hiatus. I was aiming for 100 but that's unrealistic now so I'm going to try for 95 which seems more achievable. :)

No, I haven't read Fallen yet. I, too, am curious about it. I'll see if the reading mood will direct me to pick it up soon. :)

Brandy said...

YAY! You're back! AND reading! TOO AWESOME! And WTG on the book buy! I am so proud of you for reading so much! And so very happy to see you back in blogland. All that AND making gorgeous things? Do you sleep? *G*

Jace said...

Thank you, Brandy. :) I'm very pleased with myself for having read so many books this year! I usually read 4 books a month (6 in a good month) so this is a great achievement, that's for sure. :)

As for crafting and and still reading so much, I do have to make time for both ... it has been especially tough these 2 months since I've been crafting a lot and my reading has gone down to 4 books a month. :D

Taja said...

Welcome back, Jace! :D

Very nice book haul. Another Juliet Marillier and LOL, I ordered Fallen yesterday. I thought I was daring and that it wasn't that well known, seems I was wrong. *g*

And congrats on your number of books read. It is liberating to read books without worrying about blogging so I'll understand if you feel like going on hiatus again. And no pressure but it's nice to see you post here again. :)

nath said...

Nice haul Jace :D Glad that you're back from your hiatus! :D

Brandy said...

Jace, your "about me" section is SO not true. You are NOT boring. You are talented and gifted and sweet and nice and lovely. So, NO boring. I'm thinking you need to change that lady! *G*

Jace said...

Hi Taja,

Yes - another Juliet Marillier! LOL I plan on starting her Bridei Chronicles once I've got my hands on Book 1 (I've already got the 2nd & 3rd ones).

As for Fallen, I was intrigued when I first heard about it. It's always exciting to discover new SFR titles. :)

Jace said...

Hi Nath ... thanks! It's nice to be back. :)

Jace said...

Brandy, thank you for such nice words. :) I DO think I'm boring. Whenever someone asks me to say something about myself, I'm always at a loss. :) I always say "I read, I craft and I watch the rain" which is entirely true! LOL