Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A milestone

I just realized that I had written my 100th full-length book commentary! Between sniffling (having a cold) and nursing a pounding headache, I give myself a pat on the back. For me, this is something not to be sneezed at (pun totally intended).

When I started this blog way back in June 2007, my whole intention was just to write, or rather, practise writing. I had stopped working to be a stay-at-home mom, and I found that the longer I didn't write, the harder it was to put my thoughts into written words. For a non-native English speaker, this is a real case of "use it or lose it".

But what to write about? Why not all those books that I've read? I never expected to write so much, and certainly never expected to stay so long in blogland. This has become a labour of love.

To everybody who has been reading and following my posts, I sincerely thank you. It means a great deal to me that you're still interested in what I have to say, when I often didn't even know if what I said was ever interesting.

So thanks, everybody, for your support. Perhaps the 200th book commentary is attainable, eh?


12 comments:

Brandy said...

Congratulations! WOO-HOO! And I'll be reading your commentaries as long as you write them. *G*

Christine said...

Oh WOW!!! 100 book commentaries in less than two years? I'd say that's pretty awesome, Jace! Congrats!! .... especially since English is not your native language. Extra kudos for that!

Like Brandy, I'll be reading your commentaries as long as you write them, too. =)

Jace said...

Brandy: THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :D You're one of the people who kept me going when I felt like giving up.

Christine: You're another one of those whose support saw me through when I didn't feel like continuing, so THANK YOU! :D

Although writing book commentaries is VERY different from business writing (which I had to do a lot of in my last profession), the practice helps me a great deal in writing exactly what I want to say. :)

Taja said...

Congratulations, Jace!

100 full-length book commentaries in less than two years - that's truly impressive.

And I'm the third one who says: I'll be reading your commentaries as long as you write them.

Again, congrats! :)

violetcrush said...

cool..congrats Jace...100 is indeed a fantastic number. Hope you can write at least 500 more :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Frances said...

Congratulations Jace! That is fabulous. I wish that I could do as well. Your reviews are terrific. Don't ever stop.

Kristie (J) said...

Isn't it amazing the unexpected benefits from blogging? I started mine not figuring anyone would really read it, but instead found SUCH a WONDERFUL group of people who I consider good friends even though chances are I'll never meet some of them in person. But still they have enriched and changed my life.
Even though there are so many now I don't get a chance to visit each and every one as often as I want to - still knowing they are there - as close as my sidebar - gives me warm and fuzzies

Jace said...

Taja: THANK YOU! :D

Violet: THANKS! I hope I'll be writing more in time to come. Yes, I'm feeling better - still blowing my nose and the head hurts a little - but I'm getting better. :)

Frances: Thanks for stopping by! It's always very nice to have you here! :D

Kristie: Your blog roll is a testament of how popular you and your blog are. :D You're one of the cornerstones of the romance blogging community and it's so great you still try to visit everybody as much as you can. Thanks for discovering my blog and for all your support since then. :)

nath said...

Congrats Jace!! 100th reviews! Yay!!

Believe me, 200th is going to come fast :)

Jace said...

Hey Nath, Thanks! Let's see when I'll reach the 200th review. :D

Ann-Kat said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to pop over and say congratulations! I've been under a rock lately (read: super busy) and now I'm getting all caught up.

So, without further ado, congratulations on your 100th commentary post!! What an accomplishment. Hopefully you'll stick around for 100 more. :D

Jace said...

Hey Ann-Kat,

Thanks for stopping by when you're so busy ... appreciate it. :) I, too, hope I'll be around for the next 100 reviews. :)