Friday, January 2, 2009

Reading Challenges 2009

Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm starting this year by being very brave ... I signed up for two reading challenges! They will help me whittle down my TBR hill (I'm counting on it!!!) by forcing motivating me read at least TWO books a month even if I don't read anything else.

Want to join me? *grin*


Nath of Books, Books And More Books is organizing a Re-Reading Challenge. Re-read one book a month and post about it on the last day of each month. In Nath's words ... "To sweeten the deal, I'll give away a 10$ gift certificate each month to one challenger."


Brie of Musings Of A Bibliophile is organizing a Contemporary Reading Challenge. Contemporary here means a story in a contemporary setting with NO paranormal elements. Read at least one contemporary romance in a month, and post the review any time within that month.

Both challenges run from January 2009 to December 2009. If you're interested, just mosey over to Nath's and Brie's to sign up ... the more the merrier, that's what I say!

11 comments:

Carolyn Jean said...

You are brave! I always want to sign up for a challenge, but I feel like I can't do it! And then I'll feel like a failure. Good luck on these, though. They sound like good ones.

Jace said...

CJ, I couldn't finish a reading challenge last year, to my eternal mortification! I'm quite determined to do good with these two ... have to redeem myself. LOL

Brandy said...

Good luck with the reader challenges! I've never tried one of those. And haven't thought of it because I read so many different genres. *G*

nath said...

Lots of challenges being organized right? :D Hope you have fun participating!

Jace said...

Brandy: Thanks! I think I need all the luck I can get as I'm really flighty when it comes to this sort of thing. Yes, you do read A LOT, and across so many genres too! :-)

Nath: I'm looking forward to these. :-) Thanks for organizing yours. :-D

Ann-Kat said...

*sigh* You're so on the ball Jace. I'm still making my rounds, analyzing the challenges and I still need to do the write up on the ones I'm going to participate in (I'm already going to do Nath's and now that you've pointed out Brie's, I must do that one too). So many challenges, so little time. LOL

Jace said...

Hey Ann-Kat, I'm so pleased that you're doing Nath's and Brie's too. :-D I'm seeing more challenges out there with each passing day but I'm not THAT brave to sign up for more. LOL I'll be looking out for your post to see how many you've taken on. :-D

Christine said...

I joined Brie's contemporary challenge and two others, too (Keishon's TBR Challenge and Kmont's Category Romance Challenge). Nath's Rereading Challenge sounds great--I have quite a few books that I enjoyed so much I wouldn't mind reading again. I just don't think I have the time to do monthly rereads, though. :(

Good luck, Jace! :)

Brie said...

Thanks for joining the Contemporary Challenge, Jace. I'm in Nath's challenge, too.

I've also joined Keishon'a TBR Challenge and KMon't Category Challenge. I don't think I can handle any more.

Ann-Kat said...

The verdict is in, I'm doing 6 (possibly 7 because there's a VC Andrews Challenge that I really want to participate in), but I'm trying to be wise about it. LOL

All I know is that we're all going to be doing a whole lotta reading this year. :D

Jace said...

Hey ladies,

I should sign up for the TBR Challenge too (goodness knows I need to make a dent in the TBR hill) but I'm not confident about fulfilling it. :-( Two challenges are about all I can handle right now.

Ann-Kat, you have me utmost admiration! :-D 6 (possibly 7) challenges is simply too cool! :-D