Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai!


Today's the eve of Chinese New Year! I can hardly believe how fast one year flies by. Tonight, my family and I will be sitting down for our reunion dinner (and hopefully, I won't forget to bring my camera) as I'd love to share some images of our CNY celebration with you.

Yes, I'm a Chinese, born and bred in Malaysia. Although Christmas is the biggie celebration for my family and I, we also celebrate CNY and the Mid-Autumn Festival ... we grab any excuse to gather together and have a good time. *grin*

As the Year of the Ox is about to make its entrance, I wish all my readers who celebrate CNY A Happy, Healthy And Prosperous Lunar New Year!

9 comments:

violetcrush said...

A very happy new year Jace!!!

Melanie said...

Happy New Year!

Christine said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Wishing you and your family all the best this coming year, Jace! :)

And hopefully you receive a few red envelopes?! ;)

Brandy said...

I hope it isn't disrespectful for me to wish you a Happy Chinese New Year!

Jace said...

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes. :D

Christine - Yes, I did get a few red packets (angpows) from my elders, i.e. grandmother and my parents. :) Angpows are usually given to children and singles by married people and their elders, while married people get theirs from their elders only.

nath said...

Happy New Year Jace!!

Hope you have fun :D Are you off for the holidays? :)

We went to the temple at 11.30pm and stayed till got home almost at 1am... I was beat at work today :( That's the only disadvantages here - i don't get CNY off :(

Jace said...

Hey Nath,

Happy New Year to you too! :D

Yes, we do get 2 days off for CNY, on the 1st and 2nd day. CNY is quite a big celebration here so these 2 days are public holidays. In most cases, Chinese employees get at least a half-day off on the Eve as well. :)

That sucks you don't get at least the 1st day off!

Brie said...

Happy New Year, Jace!

Jace said...

Thanks, Brie. :)