Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Gift From Austria

A dear, dear friend sent me this gift about two months ago. She knows I'm mad about Beatrix Potter's World Of Peter Rabbit. She also knows I use the old-fashioned paper diary. *grin*

I'm posting these pics primarily for her, to show her what I've done to her gift. Nothing bad, I hasten to assure you. I just added the ribbon and bead marker, that's all. I think it's a pretty good match too.

Thanks, K. You know I love it. And I will definitely use it.






6 comments:

Brandy said...

It's so sweet and cute! THAT's a good friend!

Ann-Kat said...

That is so lovely and I'm in love with Ms. Potter and Peter Rabbit, too, so you can paint me a little envious. LOL And the ribbon is definitely a nice touch.

kat said...

J,
I love the ribbon you've added. I'm glad, that you like it and that you're really going to use it.
hugs, k

Jace said...

Brandy: Yes, Kat is a gem. :-) The diary is almost TOO lovely to use! :-D

Ann-Kat: I find the Peter Rabbit illustrations and stories absolutely charming and I never get tired of looking and reading them over and over again. :-)

Kat: I just had to show you the modification. LOL I was debating which was the best method to attach the ribbon ... and finally settled on the easiest one - glueing it down on the inside of the spine! :-D Works like a charm. :-D

Brie said...

Now that is cute! And the ribbon goes perfectly. I love reading the Peter Rabbit stories to my daughters.

Jace said...

Brie, aren't the stories charming? I love the language! These are some of my favourite lines; the opening of The Tale Of The Flopsy Bunnies ...

It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is "soporific". I have never felt sleepy after eating lettuces; but then I am not a rabbit.

:-D