Thursday, November 20, 2008

BlogWatch: TODAY, I READ...


I recently discovered this site through Brie (Musings Of A Bibliophile). Brie said she was stalking the site, and after the first look, I began stalking too. LOL

Today, I Read belongs to Ann-Kat. I wish I knew more about her, but her “About” page is not complete yet. Do tell us more about yourself, girl … we want to know.

The first thing that attracted me about this site was its entire look and feel – very casual and non-intimidating – it felt as if I was looking at Ann-Kat’s notebook, complete with her handwriting and doodles. As I navigated around the site, it felt almost like an adventure … go, take a look around and see what I mean. *wink*

Ok, the reviews. Ann-Kat has her own voice and her own perspective on things, which I’ve enjoyed very much. What I appreciate the most, though, are these two things:

1. her “Three Quick Points” that accompany every review – these tell me very fast what to expect of that book, and

2. she reviews romance and non-romance books, fiction and non-fiction books, and recently, even a writing software/program. *grin* And what a great review/tutorial it is.

Great work, Ann-Kat. Keep it up. I’ll continue stalking.


6 comments:

Carolyn Jean said...

Thanks for the heads up, Jace! I love discovering new blogs. This one looks really well don!

Brie said...

I love Ann's blog! Glad I could point you toward her.

Brandy said...

Ooh, a new blog to check out. THANKS! *G*

Jace said...

Hey ladies, glad to highlight Ann-Kat's great site here. :-)

Brie: Thanks to you, I have one more site to stalk. LOL

Ann-Kat said...

I am completely gobsmacked (in the best possible way). Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I'm speechless. And you're absolutely right, I do need to update my about page.

Jace said...

Ann-Kat, I don't dish out empty compliments. :-) Your site is wonderful and deserves to be known by more people. Keep on writing and we'll keep on reading. :-)