Saturday, November 1, 2008

BlogWatch: GROSGRAIN


I recently found this wonderful blog, Grosgrain. It’s owned by Kathleen, who makes just the most adorable little girls’ clothes and costumes, and get this … gives them away! She’s so talented and creative, and I find her generosity very inspiring. I’m already a fan.

This is what Kathleen says about herself:

Kathleen Dougherty
A blog by an artsy craftsy, penny pinching, party planning, playdating, fashion finding, sci-fi loving, stay at home mommy who always keeps her sewing machine plugged in and loves all things cute!

Visit Kathleen’s blog for the gorgeous pictures of her clothes modelled by her adorable daughters, and if you have little girls of your own, you can try to win the clothes (which always attract hundreds of applicants).

Kathleen has another blog, The TumTum Tree, where you can see more gorgeous pictures.

Enjoy.


4 comments:

Janicu said...

Wow. OK, as someone who cannot sew a dress, I'm very amazed by her. She's my age too, but she produces SO MUCH STUFF! How can she give it away? I used to be soo addicted to just looking at craft blogs and posting at craft websites, but now I'm in the book phase while still just watching a couple of blogs.

Brandy said...

I made one dress for my Daughter when she was about 6 years old, and my mother helped! After going through that I am in awe of someone who can craft such lovelies!

Jace said...

Janicu: Yes, it's amazing how much she'd done and continues to do. :-) I think she finds it easy to give away the clothes because she just loves to create and it gives her great pleasure to make other people happy. :-) Just an amazingly giving and inspiring person.

Brandy: At least you made a dress! All my life, I'd only made an apron, and that was in sewing class back at school ... like 20+ years ago?! LOL I'm seriously scared of the sewing machine. As much as I enjoy crafting, I can't figure that thing out. LOL

Brandy said...

Jace, I have a sewing machine that I never use because the thing terrifies me!