Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Origami Bookmarks! ;-)

I made these for my aunts and a friend who visited me at the hospital recently.


Do they look like butterflies?


I had such a blast making these morning glories ... I couldn't stop! That was how I ended up with three. *grin* I have to say though ... the more I look at them, the more they look like pansies to me!


This is a little update of what's happening to me right now.


1. Still in a reading slump. Still can't muster up enough interest to read any book. Which feels absolutely horrible, by the way. My long-suffering reading buddies - Kat, Lisa and Mel - thank you for understanding and reading on without me, while I pursue other interests.


2. Still making bookmarks (now, why isn't this a surprise?). I have put origami aside for now. I discovered another cool way to make some interesting bookmarks. Pics coming up in the next few days. *wink*



6 comments:

Brie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Those are great, Jace! I love the butterflies.

I know what it is like to not want read. When it happens I read something completely unlike what I normally enjoy. Works every time. Anyway, I hope you come out of your slump soon.

Jace said...

Thanks, Brie. :-) I'm quite surprised that you, Lisa and Mel (my reading buddies) like the butterflies. I don't know ... I just didn't think they'd be as popular as the flowers. :-)

The reading slump. Ack! I've had it for close to 2 months now. I'm hoping all the bookmark-making will chase it away sooner or later. :-D

Brandy said...

The butterflies are lovely! And the ones with flowers do look kind of like Pansies (and are gorgeous, too!), then again I don't do well identifying flowers. *G*
Sorry to hear you're in a reading slump. I've been there. Sometime, somewhere something will spark your interest again.
I hope your weekend is going nicely!

Jace said...

Thanks, Brandy. :-) You like the butterflies too, huh? :-)

Christine said...

I LOVE the butterflies!!! I think they're my favorites tied with the Olympic rings! =)

I hate being in a reading slump. Actually what's worse is wanting so desperately to be reading, and when Real Life keeps you from doing it. And you carry the book around for days and you never get a chance to open it. And when you finally have the opportunity at 11 pm every night, you fall asleep within 10 minutes anyway! *sigh*

Well... I hope your slump ends soon. Your TBR pile misses you.

Jace said...

Hey Christine ... you like the butterflies too! I'm really surprised that so many of you like them! I was in a whimsical mood when I made them, almost an indulgence, really and I didn't expect them to be so popular. ;-)

Reading slump - I hope so too that it'll end soon. I've got 3 books on my nightstand that stare at me every morning and every night! LOL