Saturday, September 20, 2008

Corner Bookmarks - Rings

I haven’t been reading much lately because, as I told Mel, I was distracted by a whole bunch of ideas for origami bookmarks. My fixation started with these.

I experimented with some flowery designs and juxtaposed them with printed paper but didn’t get the colour schemes quite right, so no pictures to show you yet.

Then I started making origami rings and couldn’t stop. I linked them together and ideas began to form. These are the results…



straight and narrow



twist and turn



I thought of linking more rings until they cover half the page, but then that would be crazy because, hey, these are bookmarks, right? Not some kind of paper sculpture. However, I may just do it when the manic mood strikes again, just to see how it turns out. *wink*


9 comments:

Carolyn Jean said...

Oh, lovely. You know, I always remove the bookmark when I start reading, so I'm sure it's okay if they cover half the page. I think these are cool. I like both!

Brandy said...

OOh, pretty! And I like the idea of corner bookmarks.

Melanie said...

OMG those are so pretty! You got talent J. I think they would look nice covering half a page too.

Jace said...

Thank you very much, ladies. :-)

kat said...

OMG, J! you are such an artist! they are so gorgeous!
I love this design and color combinations.

Jace said...

K, you flatter me. :-) I always have a great time just folding and experimenting with the shapes and colours ... sometimes the end results do surprise me! And it's always nice to know people enjoy and appreciate my creations. :-)

soo said...

like the idea!!

Jace said...

Hi Soo,

Welcome to my blog! And thanks. :-)

soo said...

no problem !! :D