Friday, September 26, 2008

Corner Bookmarks - More Rings

First of all, I was absolutely chuffed that Brie tried her hand at making corner bookmarks. I thought they were lovely. Go, see them here.

Hot on the heels of my 1st batch of ring bookmarks, I created two more.

I couldn’t resist making this one, as a tribute to the famous set of rings. *grin*


Olympic rings



I said I was tempted to make this, and now I did. LOL



web of rings



I created this one out of curiosity more than anything else. I wanted to see how a bunch of rings would look like, covering half a page. Would the corner bookmark support the weight of the extended formation? (The answer is yes, and very well too. The whole structure is solid.)

The creation process was very organic. I just let the colours and shapes flow as they would. Organic was good, until I got carried away … the whole thing became so wide that it won’t fit in a paperback!

And in case you're wondering, I won't be making more rings anytime soon. *grin*

Added on 15 November, 2008: Visit my craft blog, Jace Makes, for more corner bookmark images and a link to an origami corner bookmark tutorial.


12 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE these bookmarks, Jace! Very original.

Jace said...

Thanks, Amy. :-) I've had a lot of fun making them. :-)

Brie said...

Oh, Jace, they are so pretty. Yours are the best to me because of the time you put in to them. I love the web and how it takes up so much of the page. And the Olympic one is awesome.

Carolyn Jean said...

This is the most beautiful one yet!

Melanie said...

J These are awesome! I love them.

Brandy said...

Oh, they are so pretty! And the colors are fun. Thanks for sharing them.

bianca said...

I'm amazed! I wish I had the patience and creativity to do something like this. They're beautiful!

Jace said...

Thanks very much, ladies. :-) Once I got started, it was hard to stop. I had to forcibly stop myself from making more rings. LOL

I'm currently making more bookmarks which are embellished with origami flowers ... should have the pics to show in the next couple of days. :-)

nath said...

Hi Jace!! I love the Olympics one!!! LOL :) I've just seen the bookmarks and I love them all :)

Jace said...

Hi Nath! Thanks for dropping by and for your kind comments. :-)

Christine said...

These are awesome! I especially like the Olympic one.

Jace said...

Thanks, Christine. :-)