Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bookmark Duos

Ok, here’s the story behind the creation of this series of bookmarks. I underwent a minor surgery recently, and my aunts and a friend visited me at the hospital. I was touched by their concern and thoughtfulness, and as a gesture of thanks, I’m going to gift each of them a pair of bookmarks – a flat and a corner – hence, “bookmark duo”.


Here’s the Clover Duo




I made the corner clover with some glittery paper. Although it doesn’t look very nice here, in reality, it’s rather pretty (if I may say so *grin*). The glittery paper contrasts very nicely with the black circle and the matt paper of the bookmark.


And this is the Rosebud Duo





What do you think, huh?

I’m in the process of making a couple more duos. Not necessarily flowers. Perhaps butterflies, some leaves, a few pinwheels … we’ll see what I end up with. *wink*


11 comments:

Phyl said...

Very pretty, Jace. I've enjoyed seeing all of these. Some of them would make interesting quilt applique patterns, too.

Brie said...

So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Brandy said...

The duo's are very lovely. Your family will love them!

bianca said...

Hi there! I was out of town for a little while, that's why I've been a little quiet ;-)

I think your duos are dynamic! I love them!

Jace said...

Thanks very much, ladies. :-) I'm going to make just a couple more then I'll stop. I think I'm finally out of the horrible reading slump that I was in over the 2 months ... so I can get back to reading now! :-D

Melanie said...

J, those are so pretty! I bet your family will love to be gifted with something so pretty.

Jace said...

Hey, M. :-) Wait for my next few bookmarks and I'll let you, K and L pick the ones you want ... how's that? ;-)

Melanie said...

Sounds great to me LOL

Christine said...

I think you need to open a little bookmark shop in your sidebar! =)

Jace said...

Christine, THAT is a great idea! LOL Although how many will actually buy remains to be seen. LOL

Angiegirl said...

I love the corner ones. What a great idea!