Monday, August 18, 2008

Still being ensnared ...

... in the unyielding claws of the dreaded reading slump. *sigh*

In the meantime, I'm working on my cross-stitch project and reading a bit of everything ... well, these three, to be precise.




Open Season is an old favourite and it was a pleasure to re-read it.

A Year In The Merde is very funny - Stephen Clarke certainly has his tongue planted firmly in his cheek right from the first page. I have about one-third to go and I'm taking my time enjoying it.

Lord Of The Night is a little slow-going at the moment. The story takes place in 1500s Venice. The imagery and ambience of the place is gorgeously vivid, but I am having a little problem getting into the main characters, especially the heroine.

Indepth commentaries to follow.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

J- Here's hoping reading an old favorite and cross stitching will get you out of the slump!