Saturday, August 2, 2008

If You Can't View Your Blog ...

I woke up this morning, logged on and viewed tried to view my blog. To my dismay, an error message popped up that said something to this effect ... "Internet Explorer is unable to open this page".


I had no clue as to what went wrong, until I read Avidbookreader's post that it was a problem caused by Sitemeter. Thanks, Avidbookreader. More info here.


If you're using Sitemeter as a visitor counter/tracker, just remove the HTML code and you should be able to view your blog as normal.


2 comments:

RachaelfromNJ said...

I was trying all last night to view my blog and couldn't understand why other bloggers blogs still worked and mine didnt. Thank you so much for posting this. It works now for me and I kept the site meter up. If it happens again, I will definetely be taking it down.

Jace said...

You're most welcome, Rachael. :-)

Apparently Sitemeter is working fine now. Let's hope something like this will not happen again.