Monday, July 28, 2008

To The Bookstore

I popped in at my favourite bookstore on Saturday and was utterly tickled.


Delight #1


The 6th and latest instalment of the Artemis Fowl series is finally here! Since it’s a new arrival, it comes with a 20% discount with the purchase of another item. I’ve been waiting for this one and can’t wait to find out what’s up with Artemis, Holly Short and the gang. I’m even inspired to do a little write-up about this series … that’s coming up next (hopefully *wink*).






Delight #2

Penguin Books, in collaboration with the bookstore, Kinokuniya, is offering this great deal for its Puffin titles. Buy a Puffin book worth at least RM20 to receive an attractive bag that contains a catalogue and a bookmark. Guess what? The latest Artemis Fowl book … it’s a Puffin book. *grin*



Not only that. Until 31 December 2008, every time I bring this bag and buy another Puffin book, I will get a 15% discount for that purchase.

I think this is a good thing that Penguin Books and Kinokuniya are doing. At this time when the cost of living is shooting through the roof, the discount goes a long way in making books more affordable … and with that bag, they’re promoting “reduce, reuse, recycle” in one fell swoop.

So, yeah … good work, guys.



2 comments:

penny yuen said...

hi jace, awwww i love the penguin bag! i'm a sucker for bags something like that is impossible to resist tho i hardly read penguin books so it makes no sense for me to buy it... as u kno my cause is to promote 'use less create more'nevertheless it's great wat kino and penguin's doing but i sure hope the material of the bag is of natural and organic ones O_o

oh, thx for your comment!

Jace said...

Hi Penny,

Thanks for stopping by. :-D

Me too, I'm a sucker for bags, although I didn't have to force myself specifically to buy anything to get this one. So happened that Artemis Fowl was a Puffin book. :-D

The material of the bag is the woven kind, which I think is bio-degradable ... you know, the kind that supermarkets [Giant, Carrefour, Cold Storage] are encouraging their customers to buy and use in lieu of plastic bags.

You're doing a wonderful thing with your passion and your creativity, and I'll be keeping tabs on your new activities. Keep up the great job!