Monday, June 30, 2008

The Mystery Of The Disappearing Books...

‘Twas a dark and stormy night It was a bright and sunny Sunday when Mel pounded on my consciousness. Something was up, I could tell. She was excited and positively oozing with triumph … she’d finally solved the week-old mystery of her disappearing SFR novels! Now, that got my complete attention.

(For those not in the know, Mel’s SFR (sci-fi romance) novels started disappearing about a week ago. Yes, only the SFR variety. Her C. J. Barrys, her Susan Grants, and horror of horrors … her Linnea Sinclairs! That she was distraught was an understatement.)

She declared it was Molly. Her beautiful, trouble-making Molly that pilfered her books!

But, Mel ... Molly’s slick and silent, I agree, and she’s even shrewd enough ... I found it quite hard to swallow.

Mel was done talking to this inveterate sceptic. She shoved the proof in my face …

*

*

*

*

*


… Molly, sweetheart, this doesn’t look good at all. Nope. Not after that bold declaration you made so loud and so clear.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

And I certainly wouldn't attempt to take any one of those books from her! LOL! That's a good one Jace :D

Melanie said...

J - That's hilarious! That Molly is such a thief. It all started with my kid's socks and now she's on to stealing my books!

Jace said...

L & M ... so glad you all enjoyed it. :D I've had quite a bit of fun myself, let me tell you. LOL