Saturday, February 23, 2008

What To Read Next?

I went through my Read and TBR lists and wasn’t surprised that I had read way too many paranormals in the last few months, while lots of great historicals, gothics, contemporaries and non-romantic fiction were inadvertently overlooked.

Time to take matters into my own hands. Right.

Assuming that I will read one book a week, and this is a fair estimation in my case, here’s how my monthly reading list looks like, starting March:

  • One romance – historical or gothic
  • One romance – contemporary or suspense
  • One romance – paranormal or futuristic or fantasy (unless it’s Nalini Singh’s series, which I shall have to read all three back-to-back)
  • One non-romantic fiction

As we all know, the reading mood is a fickle mistress, no matter how good our intentions are, so she shall have the upper-hand at all times. But this list is something to begin with, and I shall valiantly strive to uphold it. Wish me luck. *grin*

7 comments:

Brie said...

Good luck, Jace! Looks like you have a good plan now all you have to do is follow through.

Jace said...

Brie, thanks! It's a plan that I intend to follow through, because there are simply too many good books waiting to be read! :D

The strange thing is, I'm not really a paranormal fan ... no kidding. Yet look at how many I've read in the last 7 months in comparison to the other genres!

Brie said...

Jace, that's funny because I love paranormals but I have read only one in the last month. I wonder why that is.

Jace said...

Oh, Brie! LOL There's something weird in the air, I swear! LOL

Jill D. said...

Jace,

Wow, you are way too organized LOL! I hope this works for you.

Jace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jace said...

Jill, you're too kind. LOL "Organized" is a diplomatic way of saying "obsessed". LOL I can be quite anal sometimes, I know.