Monday, February 4, 2008

Lord Of Scoundrels ... old or new?

Original New


I was at the bookstore on Saturday, and held in my hands the new edition of Lord Of Scoundrels. I can’t say that I like the look of the cover. It’s pretty, but I think it lacks something … the soul of the story, I guess … or maybe I’m just mad.

The copy I own is of course the original edition, and I must say that I prefer its cover to the new one. I don’t know … perhaps I’ve been looking at it for so long, so it’s ingrained in my brain …

So what do you think, all you fellow diehard fans of LOS … which cover do you prefer?


7 comments:

Jill D. said...

Definitely the old one!

Brie said...

I have the new cover, but I think the old one conveys the core of the story in ways that the new cover doesn't even come close to.

Dain and Jess were passionately attracted to each other, and loved each other just as fiercely. I can see that passion on the original cover. Now, where is it on the second?

Jennie said...

I like the old one better too. I love the bright colors and the purple foil--it should be incredibly tacky, and yet it's not somehow. The new one is definitely lacking.

Meriam said...

Old! I usually hate clinch covers but this is a classic. Plus, the new one is insipid, imo.

Shyan said...

I haven't read this book, but just on visual impact alone, the original version wins hands down.

Nori said...

As they say, old is gold. LOL

Kristie (J) said...

*g* It looks like I'm the dissenting opinion here. It's not that I like the new cover - I don't really - but I hate the old cover something fierce. When it comes to that age old question - would I be embarrassed to be caught reading this in public - old cover, yes - new cover, not really.