Friday, December 21, 2007

BookMooch


I got it into my head to join an online book trading site a couple of weeks ago. It’s called BookMooch. I figured, since I needed to trim some books from my collection due to shortage of storage space, it would be nice to give those books to people who wanted them. At the same time, I could perhaps find the obscure or out-of-print books that I wanted.

These were what happened in the short time I was there:

I’ve already sent two books to Canada and one to a local address, plus another to be sent to Germany.

I found three out-of-print romance-gothic novels that I wanted, but only one owner was willing to send it to me. The other two didn’t even have the courtesy to answer “yes” or “no” to my email enquiries.

I’m now thinking … what am I going to do with the points that I accumulated through giving away my books, since I can’t use them to get the books I want?

If you are interested to take a look at my listing, here it is.

If there's any book on that list that you’d want, let me know and perhaps we can work something out.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Jace

I'm a fellow Malaysian bookmoocher and just wanted to let you know that you can use the Bookmooch Angel Network in order to mooch books from people who dont want to send to Malaysia. The details are on the Bookmooch Angel Network Wikipedia page. My BM Angel is great and has helped me to get many many books that I otherwise would not be able to. My sister mooched a book from you on my behalf, and thats how I got onto your blog.

Karen :)

Jace said...

Hi, Karen ... Welcome!

Thanks for the Angel Network tip - I'll be checking it out!

I'm happy to report that I've been able to mooch a number of books, some out-of-print, from as far as USA. *grin* In fact, my points have dwindled until I can no longer mooch from overseas. LOL